Pages

Sunday 31 May 2015

Perfect Poached Eggs and Accompaniments

So like many of you, mastering the art of poaching eggs took a while, but after trying a variety of different methods, I've finally found one that seems to work!

I do this by taking a small bowl or rammacan and placing a large square of cling film over the top, before pushing the centre of the film into the bowl to create a well. I then lightly spray/coat the bowl with some oil and crack in an egg. After this, simply gather all of the edges of the cling film and bring them to the middle, before tieing a knot just above where the egg is in order to secure the wrapping. Once this is done, take a saucepan of boiling water and poach your eggs for around 3-4 minutes or until you can see the egg is cooked through, however I like my eggs quite soft in the middle so you may want to cook them for an additional few minutes. Once your egg is cooked simply remove it from the water, cut off the cling film and serve it alongside a delicious side dish!

There are many ingredients that go perfectly with poached eggs, and I love trying new things whether I'm cooking for myself or out for breakfast. I thought I would give you some of my favourite accompaniments to poached eggs!


Smashed Avocado on Rye/Crispbread:

Simply take a half an avocado and mash it into a soft consistency, before adding optional flavourings (I often opt for salt, pepper, lemon juice and occasionally some chilli flakes.) Take a slice of your bread of choice and add the avocado on top, before placing the poached egg on the plate and seasoning.


Smoked Salmon:

I personally think that eggs and salmon are such a good combination. There are a couple of different serving ideas you could use with these ingredients. I love Bills' version of 'Eggs Royale' which consists of poached eggs and smoked salmon on sour dough toast, with hollandaise sauce and pumpkin seeds on top - this really is so tasty! If I am creating a more simply meal at home, I love adding spinach to my poached eggs and smoked salmon, which I often flavour with chilli flakes for an extra kick. All of these are winning combinations in our eyes!






                                                                                     





No comments:

Post a Comment


Back to Top